All organisations are bound by regulations and requirements and all organisations have a legal duty to stay up-to-date and compliant with them. For charities, there is also a moral dimension because you are answerable to benefactors, supporters, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Our charity law team can help you with all aspects of your regulation by the Charity Commission and your compliance with the requirements of the Charities Act. Whether you are seeking advice on something you plan to do or need legal support because the worst has happened, our practical, proactive approach will give you the answer.
Some examples of our work in the area of charity regulation includes:
- Advising upon permanent endowment and the adoption of a total returns policy
- Negotiating Schemes and Orders with the Charity Commission
- Advising upon the return of donations and negotiating authorisation to make an ex gratia payment to return a donation
- Advising upon Charity Commission enquiries into decision making by trustees
- Dealing with serious incident reports
Latest News & Blogs
Bournemouth School for Girls (BSG) has become a member of the county’s Young Chamber Programme, thanks to sponsorship from local law firm Lester Aldridge.
A long awaited inquiry looking into the status of those working in the “gig economy” has been published today. In the wake of ambiguity and vagueness concerning their status, the review is welcomed for shedding some light on the position of such workers.