Planning & Environmental
Making sure you have the right planning or environmental consents needs someone with commercial judgement and experience as well as an in-depth knowledge of the law.
Our experienced planning team offers a broad range of services for developers, all focused on achieving implementable planning consents, as cost-effectively and quickly as possible. This includes:
- Advising developers on planning submissions. This includes:
- The packaging of the planning proposal in order to demonstrate compliance with UK and EU law (to include the Habitats Directive), as well as national and local planning policies;
- The negotiation of planning and infrastructure agreements, including the provision of affordable housing and new roads;
- Advising on of the impact of the Community Infrastructure Levy and ways to minimise the level of liability
- Operating in a broad range of sectors, such as housebuilding, ports, care, retail and offices;
- Acting for national developers such as McCarthy & Stone (the UK’s leading developer of retirement homes and apartments)
- Planning litigation, for example:
- Planning appeals (by way of public inquiry or hearing or by way of written representations);
- Judicial review of and statutory challenges to planning decisions;
- Advocacy in relation to planning-related crime – in particular defending planning, listed building or TPO-related enforcement action by local planning authorities.
Our experience covers everything from householder developments to complex arenas such as marine-related development and town centre redevelopment projects, giving you the reassurance that we have the expertise you need.
On the environmental side our expertise includes:
- Environmental liabilities
- Contaminated land remediation and development
- Waste management
- Defending prosecutions by the regulatory authorities
Chambers and Partners UK 2017 commented that the Planning Teams is an “Experienced team working with sizeable local and national clients in the residential, care, retail and ports sectors, among other areas. Equipped to advise on non-contentious planning matters, as well as appeals and judicial reviews.”
With our clients saying “Lester Aldridge are very approachable, knowledgeable and happy to assist.”
Latest News & Blogs
Leading law firm Lester Aldridge is saying a fond farewell to Geoff Thomas, Head of Disputed Wills, Trusts and Probate as he retires after 40 years’ with the firm.
Leading law firm, Lester Aldridge, is pleased to announce it is the first law firm in the UK to be authorised to act as guarantors under the US Medallion Signature Guarantee STAMP programme.
Dorset Community Foundation Celebrates Local Communities with a Dorset for All Event at Lulworth Castle
Dorset Community Foundation which inspires local giving to raise donations for those most in need across the county, celebrated local philanthropy at Lulworth Castle on Thursday 23 March.
Two of Lester Aldridge’s apprentice’s spent their Friday morning with students from Avonbourne 6th Form.