Arbitration and Litigation
We’ve been helping to settle disputes in and out of court for a long time now. High or low value, multi-party or multi-jurisdictional, we’ve provided support and assistance for a wide range of maritime clients and cases. If you’re currently looking for help with any sort of dispute, you can be safe in the knowledge that we can give you the assistance you need backed by an expertise and understanding of this specialist area.
We can help with arbitration and litigation including:
- Protecting client’s rights
- Assisting with claims for security and obtaining security for claims across a large number of international jurisdictions
- provide multi-jurisdictional advice in relation to arbitration and litigation
- Providing and supporting clients in specialist maritime arbitrations such as LMAA, GAFTA and FOSFA
- We also provide arbitration support for ICC and SIAC disputes involving English Law
We treat every case with care and consideration. We’ll explore the right way for you to resolve your dispute, if you decide to arbitrate or litigate. We know how important it is for you to settle things quickly and in a cost-effective way, but we’ll still be diligent and thorough, using our experience to get the best outcome for you.
Latest News & Blogs
LA Marine is hosting a joint seminar with Coleman Insurance Brokers on 22 February 2017 from 16.00 at their office in Bournemouth; “The Implications of Brexit on your Import and Export Business”.
In Oldendorff GmbH & Co KG v. Sea powerful II Special Maritime Enterprises (The “Zagora”)  EWHC 3212, the Commercial Court considered where liability lay arising from the discharge of cargo to a nominated agent without the production of bills of lading.
In the case of Collins v Lawrence, His Honour Judge Simpkiss provides helpful analysis and guidance clarifying when a passenger can be deemed to have ‘disembarked’.