Marine casualties and admiralty claims
Dealing with maritime and admiralty claims requires a certain knowledge, experience and expertise. We’ve worked hard to make sure that we have everything in place to help you with any legislation relating to this and have lawyers who have trained specifically to help you reach the best outcome should you be faced with a marine casualty. We can advise and talk you through processes you might not be familiar with and discuss the law and procedure you have concerns about. These include:
- Collision liability – advice on law and jurisdiction, liability under Collision Regulations/Racing Rules (as appropriate), provision of security, arrest and release of vessel
- General Average – advice on security and apportionment of liability, contesting declaration, claims and arbitration support
- Salvage – advice on requirements for salvage, salvage remuneration, provision of security and release of vessel
- Obtaining security – advice on how and when to obtain security for a claim, arresting vessels to obtain security, quantum, guarantee wording, release of vessel
- Limitation funds – advice on calculation of limitation, establishing a fund, when limitation applies and how it can be challenged
Latest News & Blogs
LA Marine is hosting a joint seminar with Coleman Insurance Brokers on 22 February 2017 from 16.00 at their office in Bournemouth; “The Implications of Brexit on your Import and Export Business”.
In Oldendorff GmbH & Co KG v. Sea powerful II Special Maritime Enterprises (The “Zagora”)  EWHC 3212, the Commercial Court considered where liability lay arising from the discharge of cargo to a nominated agent without the production of bills of lading.