If you’re looking for help with marine finance our experienced lawyers can offer you the expert legal advice on every aspect of this specialist area.
How we can help
We have an in-depth understanding of all areas of marine finance, and have the knowledge to deal with any issues that arise including:
- Loan agreements and other facility documents
- Security documentation, including registered and unregistered mortgages, deeds of covenant, personal guarantees, debentures, assignments of insurance and of the rights under build contracts
- Events of default, including what constitutes default
- Enforcement of security, including action to take possession of the vessel and managing the process in other jurisdictions through a comprehensive network of foreign correspondent lawyers
- Recovery of any shortfall following the realisation of the asset (vessel)
So, whether you’re entering into a marine loan facility, securing a loan against a vessel, or dealing with a default we can guide you through the legalities and give you confidence in your investment.
Latest News & Blogs
Tim Woollard of our LA Marine team has outlined some of the matters one would do well to consider when looking to enter the yacht market.
A recent Arbitration Award considered the Gencon General Strike Clause and whether laytime ran during the period of a strike?
We look at a recent Arbitration Award where the Gencon General Strike Clause was considered.