Our friendly team is on hand to guide you through the complex legalities in the specialist area of marine casualties.
Here are just some of the areas our highly experienced and knowledgeable team can help you with:
- Collision liability: advice in relation to and assistance with pursuing or defending claims for loss and damage suffered as a result of a collision involving our client’s vessel
- Salvage: advice on requirements for salvage, appropriate remuneration, provision of security and release of vessel
- Obtaining security: advice on how and when to obtain security for a claim, arresting vessels to obtain security, quantum, guarantee wording, release of vessel
- Racing Rules issues: advice in relation to and assistance with pursuing or defending claims for loss and damage suffered as a result of a collision involving our client’s vessel whilst racing
- Personal injury and fatality claims: advice in respect of claims following injuries to passengers or crew on superyachts and leisure marine craft
We’re here to help you through the complex process and advise on the relevant law and procedure concerning claims.
Latest News & Blogs
LA Marine is hosting a joint seminar with Coleman Insurance Brokers on 22 February 2017 from 16.00 at their office in Bournemouth; “The Implications of Brexit on your Import and Export Business”.
In Oldendorff GmbH & Co KG v. Sea powerful II Special Maritime Enterprises (The “Zagora”)  EWHC 3212, the Commercial Court considered where liability lay arising from the discharge of cargo to a nominated agent without the production of bills of lading.