Marine casualties and admiralty claims
Navigating international waters doesn’t come without its difficulties and neither does navigating admiralty claims or the after effects of marine casualties.
If you find yourself facing an international maritime matter, our specialist lawyers know all there is to know about this aspect of international law and will be happy to help you resolve the issue.
Here are just some of the areas we have expertise in:
- Collision liability: advice on law and jurisdiction; liability under Collision Regulations/Racing Rules (as appropriate), provision of security, arrest and release of vessel
- General Average: advice on security and apportionment of liability, contesting declaration, claims and arbitration support
- Salvage: advice on requirements for salvage, salvage remuneration, provision of security and release of vessel
- Obtaining security: advice on how and when to obtain security for a claim, arresting vessels to obtain security, quantum, guarantee wording, release of vessel
- Limitation funds: advice on calculation of limitation, establishing a fund, when limitation applies and how it can be challenged
Whatever situation you find yourself in, we’ll provide expert international legal advice via our global network of lawyers through our membership of the MSI.
Latest News & Blogs
Permission has been given by the Supreme Court to appeal the Court of Appeal decision in Volcafe v CSAV .