Our team supports a wide variety of people, both professionals and private individuals, across a range of global legal planning and administration matters.
We are experts in foreign assets, estates, inheritance and probate law, and can help you to understand and avoid the problems associated with owning assets outside of your usual country of residence.
We can assist with all aspects of planning and administration for international legal matters, including:
- Obtaining letters of administration and grants of probate for estates belonging to non-UK residents
- Managing registration of death for bank accounts, stocks, shares and property in the UK and elsewhere in the world
- Resealing foreign appointments, probates and letters of administration
- Administering estates with assets based in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, the Republic of Ireland, North America and most other major global locations
- Arranging foreign law affidavits
- Advising on death duties, residency and succession laws, and cross border legal issues and conflicts
- Preparing wills and advising on how best to structure them
- Tracing beneficiaries, valuation requests, shareholding histories, income and capital gains tax, dividends and other distribution payments
- Attending to the administration of North American securities by providing signature guarantees where needed
Latest News & Blogs
Last week when Kraft Heinz announced their £155 billion bid for Unilever, the International Private Client team at Lester Aldridge was poised for a frenzy!
A number of UK individuals do not realise that they too hold shares in Kraft, or entitled to shares in Kraft, due to investments in Cadbury’s–Schweppes.