Laura Guntrip - PartnerLaura advises providers of adult care homes, nursing homes, supported living facilities, independent hospitals, children’s homes and schools on a range of issues.
Her work includes local authority or CCG contractual disputes, disputes with residents, Court of Protection cases, safeguarding investigations, inquests and police investigations, including representing clients in PACE interviews at the police station or elsewhere. She also defends regulatory enforcement action by CQC, acts for clients in appeals to the Tribunal and in relation to professional misconduct hearings or disputing their inclusion on the barred lists. She also has experience of public law judicial review proceedings within the care sector.
Her work also includes representing clients in defending action by other regulatory bodies, such as the Health and Safety Executive.
Laura frequently undertakes regulatory due diligence for purchasers, vendors or funders, dealing with acquisitions, sales or refinancing of all types of care facilities, including care homes, day schools, children’s homes, independent special schools, fostering agencies, acute medical units and fertility clinics.
Recent work includes:
- Provided advice and representation to two nurses who owned/managed care homes who were being investigated by the police on suspicion of having committed offences of neglect or ill treatment
- Acted for a client in an appeal to the Tribunal in respect of the decision to include him on the barred list
- Acted for a client in defending action by CQC to cancel the registration of the client’s care home, reaching a settlement with CQC to allow the home to remain open
- Carried out regulatory due diligence in respect of the purchase of the largest provider of adult residential care services in the UK and in respect of the sale of the second largest provider.
- National Care Association
- Registered Nursing Homes Association
- Graham Care
- Colten Care
- HC-One Limited