Michael Giddins - PartnerMichael is the Firm’s Managing Partner.
Michael can advise on dealing with complex national and international disputes including marine and general insurance, IT, contractual claims and professional negligence.
Michael acts for both public and private clients and also for individuals who have a business related dispute. He has a wealth of experience of both prosecution and defence work, providing a pragmatic service to clients covering prosecution, enforcement notice appeals, related public law matters and non-contentious advice.
- Michael is also qualified in Eire
- Michael is a CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) accredited mediator
- Ranked in Chambers UK 2016 for Litigation (South West)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2016
- Representing marine insurers in high value collision claims
- Advising in respect of a high value international supply product liability claim concerning commercial shipping
- Representing many claimants in numerous professional negligence claims relating to aggressive tax investment advice.
- Michael sits as a part time judge
Lester Aldridge LLP is recognised as ‘a go-to’ firm for disputes in the maritime, defence and financial services sectors. Practice head Michael Giddins has ‘excellent commercial sense’ and Michael Veal is ‘very good at finding practical solutions’.
Chambers and Partners UK 2017 named Michael Giddins within the Professional Negligence sector commenting that the team is ” Particularly experienced in dealing with tax-related claims…Michael Giddins is the practice head and the key contact for professional negligence matters.”