All organisations are bound by regulations and requirements and all organisations have a legal duty to stay up-to-date and compliant with them. For charities, there is also a moral dimension because you are answerable to benefactors, supporters, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Our charity law team can help you with all aspects of your regulation by the Charity Commission and your compliance with the requirements of the Charities Act. Whether you are seeking advice on something you plan to do or need legal support because the worst has happened, our practical, proactive approach will give you the answer.
Some examples of our work in the area of charity regulation includes:
- Advising upon permanent endowment and the adoption of a total returns policy
- Negotiating Schemes and Orders with the Charity Commission
- Advising upon the return of donations and negotiating authorisation to make an ex gratia payment to return a donation
- Advising upon Charity Commission enquiries into decision making by trustees
- Dealing with serious incident reports