Corporate & Commercial
Sometimes, having some general advice is just what you need. But most businesses would benefit from dealing with a legal team who have in-depth knowledge of their industry, and their specific needs.
And because we can offer that level of knowledge and practical advice – about the sector you work in, you’re far more likely to get to where you want to go.
From start-up advice and management buy-outs to intellectual property and service agreements, we can answer all your questions, and advise you on the things you didn’t even know you needed.
Here are some of the areas we can help you with:
- Business start-ups
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Group reorganisations and simplification
- Management buy-out/ins
- Joint ventures
- Private equity investment as a means of access to finance and expertise
- Debt finance arrangements
- AIM listings to help your business access a new source of funding
- Company secretarial and other regulatory aspects that your business may be subject to
- Distribution, agency and supply agreements
- Shareholder relations
- Website development agreements
- Intellectual property protection and commercialisation
- Standard terms of business;
- Data protection
- Competition law
- LLP and other partnership agreements
- Supply of goods and/or services agreements, which provide for every aspect of your USP
As well as advising clients in the UK, we are also able to advise clients on cross-border transactions and overseas business matters. And as a member of the MSI Global Alliance of lawyers and accountants, we can offer advice from a network of first-class lawyers from around the world.
So, if you need legal advice from a team of lawyers with a real understanding of your business, we’d be happy to talk to you.
Speak to a member of our experienced legal team today on 0344 967 0793.
Meet the Corporate & Commercial team
Continued focus on the care sector, handling a number of M&A transactions for local care homes. Offers further expertise in IP and technology, regularly advising both UK-based and international SMEs on technology-related corporate transactions. Also provides cross-border expertise to entities in Europe, South America and Australia.
A source notes: “They have a good reputation in this market and the lawyers there are extremely pragmatic.”
The Court of Appeal reveals that employers can be liable for data breaches perpetrated by rogue employees, even where the employer is not directly at fault.
There are many reasons why you may have decided that it’s time to close down your business. But how difficult is it and what are the key things to remember?