Data protection & GDPR
Data Protection & GDPR Solicitors
It’s not always possible to be an expert in every area of your business. But with something as important as data protection, it’s essential to follow procedure and do things by the book.
Updates to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) laws come into effect on 25 May 2018 and our team of data protection experts are already preparing clients for how best to comply with these changes.
The new GDPR laws focus upon ensuring you have an individual’s express consent to hold and use their data.
So, to protect you, your company and your clients, our expert data protection team would like to offer a hand to avoid the sanctions imposed by the increased enforcement powers.
Our data protection experts can help you tackle these new regulations by advising on:
- Contract reviews
- Directing you towards which areas of your business may need improvements
- Assisting with what the GDPR changes mean for HR
- Updating data protection and privacy policies
- Data privacy and security
- Risk assessments and day to day compliance issues
- Creation and review of privacy policies
- Subject access requests
- Pseudonymisation (anonymising of data)
- Data transfer, including cross-border
- Data and information management
- What to do if there is a breach
- ICO investigations
Also, as members of the MSI Global Alliance of lawyers and accountants, we can work with a network of experienced professionals from around the world to ensure you are compliant with international regulations.
Call us now for expert data protection advice on 0344 967 0793 or email us by clicking below:
Latest blogs & news
DATA PROTECTION – HOW WILL THE NEW REGULATIONS AFFECT YOU?
Regardless of your size, if you are a business that handles personal information then data protection laws apply to your company.
HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS: BEWARE OF NEW DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
Under the GDPR there are more stringent rules about special categories of personal data, such as health data, which may be considered particularly sensitive.