Bills of lading claims, logistics and multimodal transport
The movement of goods using multimodal contracts is certainly full of complications, and difficult disputes often arise. With different conventions controlling the transportation of goods across Europe and internationally, good advice from reliable people really matters. And that’s exactly what we offer. Our marine team advise logistics providers, liner services, freight forwarders and transport companies on all matters relating to the movement of goods across Europe and the world.
As with most business today, time is of the essence. With such short time frames regarding these claims, it’s vital that you seek advice as soon as possible. Our team are on hand to advise and guide you through such claims. We’re supporting members of BIFA and regularly hold presentations in our three offices on logistics and multimodal transport issues.
We specialise in:
- CMR disputes
- BIFA terms disputes
- Bills of lading claims
- Claims for damage and delay to goods
- Freight forwarding disputes
- Litigation and arbitration proceedings in relation to the terms of carriage by road and coastal waters
- We regularly assist companies to revise their terms and conditions.
- We assist haulage companies with appeals under the Immigration Act in relation to penalties imposed after the discovery of clandestines
We have expertise in:
- Time bar issues
- Limitation issues
- Enforcement of liens
- Security for claims
Latest News & Blogs
A London arbitration tribunal recently considered issues surrounding the failure of the charterers to provide cargo to a vessel.
In a recent London arbitration the tribunal had the opportunity to review the apportionment between owners and charterers for damages caused by sweaty cargo.