If you’re looking for help with marine finance our experienced lawyers can offer you the expert legal advice on every aspect of this specialist area.
How we can help
We have an in-depth understanding of all areas of marine finance, and have the knowledge to deal with any issues that arise including:
- Loan agreements and other facility documents
- Security documentation, including registered and unregistered mortgages, deeds of covenant, personal guarantees, debentures, assignments of insurance and of the rights under build contracts
- Events of default, including what constitutes default
- Enforcement of security, including action to take possession of the vessel and managing the process in other jurisdictions through a comprehensive network of foreign correspondent lawyers
- Recovery of any shortfall following the realisation of the asset (vessel)
So, whether you’re entering into a marine loan facility, securing a loan against a vessel, or dealing with a default we can guide you through the legalities and give you confidence in your investment.
Latest News & Blogs
A recent London arbitration decision has looked at how a receiver’s claim for the diminution in the value of a cargo, which arose solely because of the delay by a ship caused by the owners of the vessel, should be interpreted against the backdrop of the Inter-Club Agreement (ICA) wording.
One area where there may need to be a change of tactics and approach in the event of a no deal Brexit, relates to the enforceability of UK court judgements in countries which are part of the EU.