If you’re looking for help with marine finance our experienced lawyers can offer you the expert legal advice on every aspect of this specialist area.
How we can help
We have an in-depth understanding of all areas of marine finance, and have the knowledge to deal with any issues that arise including:
- Loan agreements and other facility documents
- Security documentation, including registered and unregistered mortgages, deeds of covenant, personal guarantees, debentures, assignments of insurance and of the rights under build contracts
- Events of default, including what constitutes default
- Enforcement of security, including action to take possession of the vessel and managing the process in other jurisdictions through a comprehensive network of foreign correspondent lawyers
- Recovery of any shortfall following the realisation of the asset (vessel)
So, whether you’re entering into a marine loan facility, securing a loan against a vessel, or dealing with a default we can guide you through the legalities and give you confidence in your investment.
Latest News & Blogs
Charterparties contain a variety of arbitration clauses which identify where and how parties wish their disagreements to be resolved.
A recent arbitration decision considered a good weather clause which included two descriptions of wave height, causing the charterers and the owners to take opposing views.