Income from legacies is a vital part of any charity’s funding stream. However, a number of problems can arise during the estate administration process, which can delay a charity receiving a legacy.
Our dedicated charity legacy solicitors can help you manage the complications that can arise from a legacy being made to your organisation. We provide support, advice and training in all probate matters and protection of your legacy income including:
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Claims under the Inheritance Act 1975
- Ex gratia payment requests
- Problematic executors
- Addressing avoidable losses to an estate (e.g. excessive fees)
- Disputes over the interpretation of wills
- Assisting you with the administration of estates (including liaising with agents and third parties on your behalf)
- Dealing with tax issues and liaising with HMRC
- Dealing with foreign estate assets
To reflect our commitment to working collaboratively with charities and helping you fulfil your mission effectively, we are a corporate partner of the Institute of Legacy Management (ILM), Remember a Charity and our specialist charity legacy lawyers are members of STEP and the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).