Sale and purchase
For help and advice with vessel sales, purchase, registration and contracts, including ownership, co-ownership, management, crew, charter and new build and refits, our team of marine law specialists are available to share their expertise.
Here’s what we can help with:
- Sale and purchase contracts: advice on contract terms, title, encumbrances and VAT status
- Coordination of transaction: including holding deposit, vessel documents and completion funds (in escrow if required) and dealing with completion and registration post completion
- Crew contracts: advice on terms of contracts for employment of skippers and crew
- New build and refit contracts: advice on contract terms, passing of title, security, stage payments, warranties, delay
- Registration: of vessels on registries around the globe; arranging tonnage surveys, ensuring title documents are sufficient, coordinating registration process
- Charter contracts: advice on terms of and obligations and duties imposed by charter agreements and other contracts for the use of a vessel
- Management Agreements: advice on the terms and conditions of agreements for the management of your vessel
- Ownership structures: advice in relation to corporate structures, offshore or otherwise, established for the purposes of ownership of the vessel
- Co-ownership agreements: advice on agreements between joint owners of a vessel
Our extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of marine law will ensure you’re legally protected.