Bills of lading claims, logistics and multimodal transport
It’s inevitable that complications, often leading to disputes, arise with the movement of goods via multimodal transport across Europe and the rest of the world. With so many parties involved, it’s essential to ensure you’re legally protected.
We regularly help transport companies, liner services, freight forwarders and logistic providers with multimodal transport issues. So, if you are involved in a dispute, our team of specialist lawyers can help with a resolution or assist with legal advice regarding claims.
Here’s what we specialise in:
- CMR disputes
- BIFA terms disputes
- Bills of lading claims
- Claims for damage and delay to goods
- Freight forwarding disputes
- Litigation and arbitration proceedings in relation to the terms of carriage by road and coastal waters
- We regularly assist companies to revise their terms and conditions
- We assist haulage companies with appeals under the Immigration Act in relation to penalties imposed after the discovery of clandestine
And, here’s what we have particular expertise in:
- Time bar issues
- Limitation issues
- Enforcement of liens
- Security for claims
As a member of the global alliance of lawyers and accountants – MSI – we can access legal advice from lawyers across the globe. Also, we regularly hold presentations on multimodal transport issues and logistics, as supporting members of the British International Freight Association (BIFA).
Latest News & Blogs
A useful summary of the principles of being an agent and the functions of a bill of lading has been provided by the Cypriot Supreme Court in the recent decision of Associated Agencies Limited v Roha Premium Potato Limited.