With access to a huge global network of international lawyers and expert legal advice through our membership of MSI, we can guide and advise you on all aspects of marine finance.
If you’re considering making an international purchase, our highly experienced team can help you with the following:
- Loan agreements and other facility documents
- Security documentation, including registered and unregistered mortgages, deeds of covenant, personal guarantees, debentures, assignments of insurance and of the rights under build contracts
And should any issues arise, we can also advise you on the following:
- Events of default, including what constitutes default
- Enforcement of security, including action to take possession of the vessel and managing the process in other jurisdictions through a comprehensive network of foreign correspondent lawyers
- Recovery of any shortfall following the realisation of the asset (vessel)
With extensive knowledge and experience in this specialist area of international law, we will be more than happy to help you in any way we can.