Shipping law disputes
Resolving disputes and claims can be challenging, time consuming and costly, which is why our highly experienced team is on hand to offer help, advice and support concerning international shipping law.
As a member of www.shiparrested.com, a group of international shipping lawyers, we regularly advise managers, charterers, operators and owners on disputes that arise under all forms of charterparties (time or voyage or COAs). We’re able to provide expert advice on multi-jurisdictional issues such as arrest, liens on cargo and bunkers, local court proceedings and enforcement options.
Here’s what we specialise in:
- Delivery and withdrawal claims
- Recovery of hire and off hire claims
- Exercising liens
- Bunker off-specification claims
- Crane breakdown claims
- Collision claims
- Pilotage claims
- Cargo damage claims
- Cargo contamination claims
- Laytime, demurrage and detention disputes
- Ice claims
- Recovery actions in arbitration and court
Bills of lading claims:
- Issues over liens
- Issues over ownership and possession of cargo
- Cargo claims with particular emphasis on the Hague/Hague Visby and Hamburg Rules regimes
- Contractual and tortious rights of cargo receivers under bills of lading
- Time bar issues
- Multi-jurisdictional recovery issues including title to sue / time bars
If you find yourself dealing with bills of lading, whether they are liner operators, receivers or shippers, our full business service can help and advise you. In addition, you’re welcome to attend our regular presentations on charterparty and bills of lading claims.