This new series of briefings will examine the very real challenges in the current commercial property lease market.Enquire about this event
Presented by Claire Long and Lana Farrell, this course will look at common pitfalls in the initial negotiation of Heads of Terms from both a landlord’s and tenant’s standpoint, including negotiation and drafting taking into consideration the very real implications that COVID-19 has had so far on the drafting of leases. The challenges are there for all to see and lease negotiation is complex at the best of times – this online series of briefings will take you through what’s happening in the commercial property market space, review the latest on the detailed Code for Leasing Business Premises in England and Wales 2019 and provide detailed analysis on what can and cannot be achieved in break clauses.
- Heads of Terms: what can and should be agreed by agent and tenant in the current market
- Review of the Lease Code
- Length of leases and security of tenure
- Tips on what to do during the lease and rent review negotiation process – avoiding the usual pitfalls
- Break clauses, including aspects relating to alienation provisions
- The impact of COVID-19 on commercial leases
The first 10 people to book will receive 20% discount:
To celebrate the launch of this new series, we’re giving the first 10 people to book a 20% discount. Click here to register and enter the code FIRST20 to receive the reduced rate.
Sign up for this series and receive the following:
- Four detailed sessions full of hard facts, legal content, policy update and expert interpretation on:
- What the agents and their principals should sort out before passing the agreed terms to a solicitor
- Update on the Lease Code
- Length of leases and Security of Tenure – what’s acceptable and what’s not in the current market including striking the right balance from both the landlords’ and the tenants’ perspectives
- Break clauses – arguably far more important now than ever
- Rent review clauses – the different types of rent review that parties may now be considering
- Rights to assign, underlet and share provisions
- Service charge provisions
- Uninsured Risks
- Energy efficiency standards compliance
- Sessions of 75 minutes each, including answers to questions from participants on the challenges they are facing
- Unable to attend all sessions or joining partway through? Recordings will be available for all registrants
About the series
Practical and relevant, this online series covers the latest thinking and trends in lease terms – what’s happening in the market, what’s being negotiated, what’s being drafted now and the likely look of leases in the future taking into consideration external market forces. It will cover what’s being agreed and what’s being rejected.
The series is designed for commercial property investors, tenants, landlords, owners, occupiers, developers, surveyors, legal advisors, those involved in the drafting of commercial leases and consultants to the sector.
Wednesday 23 September
Session 1: Heads of Terms, length of leases and the Lease Code
Wednesday 30 September
Session 2: Break clauses and Rent Review
Wednesday 7 October
Session 3: Alienation & Energy efficiency standards
Wednesday 14 October
Session 4: Uninsured damange & Service Charges
Register today by clicking here.