Alexandra initially qualified as a Finance lawyer at a City law firm and worked on banking and finance transactions. Alexandra then moved into doing Corporate and Commercial work and now does a mix of both Finance work and Corporate work.
Alexandra advises on private mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, MBIs, shareholder agreements, company share buybacks, business sales, corporate restructurings, corporate governance matters, company secretarial matters, supply of services agreement and terms and conditions.
She has experience in advising corporate and commercial borrowers on facility letters/agreements and debentures, legal charges and personal or cross-company guarantees. She has advised on a range of domestic and multi-jurisdictional acquisition finance transactions in respect of which she worked predominantly for borrowers and represented private equity houses and investors. Alexandra also advises on real estate development finance facilities. Alexandra also acts for lenders and has recently prepared a suite of lending and security documents for a startup bank.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
Acting for business borrowers:
- Advising the purchaser of a group of care homes on a £25,000,000 term loan facility;
- Advising the owner of a waste and recycling company on refinancing with a £3,600,000 term loan facility;
- Advising a care home on refinancing with a £1,280,000 term loan facility.
Acting for banks:
- Preparing the suite of precedent lending and security documents for a new start-up bank, including the facility letter and term loan and conditions, debenture, legal mortgages, cross-company guarantee and personal guarantee;
- Preparing deeds of novation of loans and advising on security documents.
Acting for non-bank lenders:
- Recurring instructions from a non-bank lender on the preparation of its lending and security documents, including a development finance facility agreement, a working capital facility agreement and associated security documents.