Alice is a solicitor within the Commercial Group. She has particular experience in the regulation of health and social care services and completed two seats of her training contract within Lester Aldridge’s specialist Healthcare Team. Alice also has wider experience in Corporate and Employment related matters.
Alice has experience in assisting on all aspects of advising providers on regulatory matters in respect of: residential care and nursing homes; GP surgeries; independent hospitals; and services for people with learning disabilities.
She has experience in drafting appeals to the Care Standards Tribunal (First tier), Representation to CQC on behalf of providers in respect of enforcement action and Factual Accuracy and Ratings Reviews to the CQC in relation to rating of CQC services. Alice has assisted on regulatory due diligence projects for sales, purchases and investment within the care sector.
Alice also undertakes work in Coroner’s inquests matters, safeguarding matters and police investigations in respect of criminal prosecutions of care providers. She has experience in assisting with disputes and enforcement action by the NMC, Ofsted and CQC.
Alongside her regulatory healthcare experience, Alice has assisted on corporate matters including asset/share sales and purchases. Her time in the employment team as a paralegal and in her training contract compliments this work meaning she has a wider understanding of the far reaching issues businesses can face.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Successfully represented a domiciliary care service in defending action by CQC to impose conditions on its registration.
- Acting on regulatory due diligence in respect of sales and acquisitions of many of the largest national groups in the sector.
- Supporting both nursing and care providers throughout the inquest process and providing support to staff in drafting witness statements along with attendance with Counsel at inquest hearings.
- Acting for care providers in successfully challenging CQC report during the factual accuracy process.
- Issuing High Court judicial review proceedings against CQC.
- Successfully obtained a withdrawal and factual accuracy amendment of a CQC report post publication;
- Providing support and advice to professionals subject to regulatory action undertaken by regulators such as the NMC and SWE.
- Acting on a large governance review project for a major children’s home provider including review of recent enforcement action undertaken by Ofsted.
- Drafting a lengthy complaint, ratings review and subsequently advising on letter before claim (with specialist Counsel’s assistance) to CQC.