Amy advises national developers, landlords, contractors and consultants on a variety of construction projects through all stages of the development, from procurement to practical completion and dispute avoidance.
Amy assists with drafting and negotiating building contracts, consultants’ appointments, collateral warranties, third party rights and performance bonds.
Amy’s background in transactional real estate compliments her construction expertise and allows her to bring a pragmatic approach and wider understanding in cross-disciplinary matters such as acquisitions, disposals and development finance. She works closely with colleagues in our wider real estate and corporate teams, to ensure clients receive a well-rounded service. Amy is personable, and her clients appreciate her drive and proactivity.
Amy completed her training contract with LA and qualified into the Construction team in May 2021. Before her training contract, Amy worked as a paralegal in the Real Estate Development team, assisting with a variety of property matters for a range of developers and commercial clients.
- Assisting with drafting and negotiating the construction documentation in relation to the redevelopment of a Grade II listed building into a c.180 room four-star hotel.
- Dealing with the funder’s requirements and negotiation of construction contracts for the main contractor and key designers in relation to the development of two care facilities, including an acute care home and integrated community health centre.
- Assisting throughout the lifespan of a client’s purchase and redevelopment of a stretch of empty high street in an affluent Surrey market town into retirement living apartments and retail units.
- Advising a specialist fire contractor on building contracts for remediation works at a top UK university in relation to fire remediation works.
- Acting for a port client in relation to the expansion of a deep water berth to serve large cruise liners, Royal Fleet Auxillary vehicles and bulk carriers. Working with the client’s project team to produce bespoke amendments to the NEC engineering and construction contract.