Ben was a litigation paralegal in a large regional firm, for five years, prior to qualifying as a solicitor and joining LA. Since then, he has worked in LA’s Dispute Resolution department.
Ben is a commercial litigator with experience in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and adjudication.
He acts for individuals and corporate clients ranging from sole traders to publicly listed companies in a variety of sectors including charities, care, sport, construction, manufacturing and investment trusts.
He is regularly instructed in contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, defamation matters and corporate and partnership disputes. Ben frequently acts for clients in relation to debt claims, including in the preparation and service of Statutory Demands and enforcement.
Ben is experienced in advising on matters involving intellectual property including trademark registrations, trademark infringement disputes, advice relating to copyright infringement and passing off claims.
Ben has a background in insurance litigation having spent five years acting for both claimants and defendants prior to qualifying as a solicitor.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Acting on a number of Company Act claims including court approved reductions of capital and company restoration applications.
- Advising and acting on construction matters involving adjudication.
- Acting on a number of trademark registrations and intellectual property disputes for local and international companies.
- Acting for a client in relation to a high-value breach of confidence claim.
- Acting on a number of high-value loan disputes often requiring enforcement overseas.
- Advising and acting on a number of claims involving director misfeasance.
- Dealing with a variety of contract, civil fraud and debt related claims.