Carla joined the firm in March 1998 and shortly after joining, moved into what is now known as the Litigation & Recoveries department. Carla has remained with the department ever since, progressing through various roles to become a Chartered Legal Executive and Director. She has over 21 years’ experience across the finance and credit sectors in the collection of secured and unsecured commercial and personal finance debts.
Specialising in servicing volume debt referrals, she has built frameworks for the departments’ bespoke case management system, resulting in the seamless integration with client systems for highly effective management of debt portfolios. Carla works closely with clients to establish reporting requirements, using highly effective MI and data analysis to establish and review strategies and maximise recoveries.
Carla retains work in the debt purchase space and has successfully brought a number of global substitution applications for litigated accounts that have been purchased. She was also instrumental in securing the set aside of a large volume of county court judgments for a non-DP client, in an unprecedented application. She has a particular interest in insolvency work.
Carla works for clients across a wide variety of sectors including:
- Debt Purchasers
- Credit Insurers
- Commercial businesses
- Insolvency Practitioners
Carla’s work includes:
- Collection of Unsecured Commercial and Personal Finance Debts
- Consumer Credit Advice
- Defended & Complex Litigation
- Global Applications
- Multi-jurisdiction Collections
- Traces & Assets Enquiries via Partner Firms
- Insolvency proceedings, ROT, Insolvency Advice & Monitoring
- Regulatory Updates & Training
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Regular applications for Global Substitution Orders.
- Madison CF UK Limited (trading as “118118 Money”) v Various  EWHC 2786 – successful application to set aside multiple judgments utilising a global application.