Dean is a corporate partner with over 25 years’ experience at national law firms in the UK, during which time he has also held key business leadership roles.
Over recent years he has won awards for his work on complex and high-value acquisitions and fundraisings.
Dean provides specialist advice to clients based on wide-ranging experience on transaction process and negotiation to achieving a successful outcome.
His principal areas of expertise include mergers & acquisitions, disposals (private sale and auction), equity investment and fundraisings, group company restructuring, reorganisations and demergers, joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements, commercial agreements and UK Companies Act compliance.
His work is mainly in the technology and media and entertainment sectors where he is able to provide deal-related sector insight to clients based on wide-ranging experience.
Dean also has a strong reputation in the automotive sector.
He is a member of advisory board to the Web Science Institute, which focuses on web science, data science and artificial intelligence in its work on the interaction between society and the World Wide Web.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Institutional and angel investor funding round for an early stage technology sector company
- Sale by the founder and other shareholders to private equity for cash and shares of a market leading technology sector company providing solutions to the UK care sector
- Restructuring of a group of companies in the esports sector providing a platform for international esports and peripheral activities
- Acquisition of a financial services sector company for a Bermuda headquartered international financial services group
- Demerger of a privately owned building supplies business in the construction sector into two separate groups
- Sale of a privately owned shipyard in the South West in the marine sector to an AIM listed buyer for cash and shares
- Sale of a UK based group of fast food franchised outlets in London and the South in the food and retail sector
- PE exit and shareholder dispute for a London based company in the technology sector
- Sale of a long established private school and nursery based in the South West in the education sector to private equity
- Shareholder’s agreement for a technology sector company providing specialist niche solutions to aviation sector clients in the UK and overseas
- Acting for a UK based company on a series of joint venture in the retail sector with high profile US, Italian and South American fashion, surfing, jewellery and outdoor equipment brands
- Acting for an esports event organiser on key commercial contracts in the media and entertainment sector
- Acting for Youtube influencers and their agents in the media and entertainment sector on key contracts with sponsors, partners, media companies and other key partners