Deena is an experienced real estate lawyer specialising in residential development and social housing.
Deena’s experience includes acting for a number of the top 10 national house-builders, regional house-builders, housing associations, councils and private individuals.
She also deals with outright sales and purchases, conditional contracts, options, golden brick contracts, turnkey contracts, development agreements, deeds of variation, site setups and infrastructure agreements.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Dealt with the purchase of 100 affordable homes with a value of £9m for a registered provider from a national developer that was developing an extensive eco-friendly ‘Green Town’ redevelopment pursuant to a building lease from the HCA, including providing complex tax advice.
- Dealt with the transfer of affordable homes at a registered provider’s flagship development, which saw it provide 100 new homes, 100 new jobs and a new community hub as part of the Whitehill & Bordon Regeneration Project.
- Dealt with the purchase of hundreds of affordable homes at a large consortium site in Botley, Hampshire, which included the registered provider’s strategic partnership with the consortium.
- Dealt with the purchase of a public house for a registered provider from a sub-seller, including resolving VAT issues and the head-seller’s failure to give vacant possession.
- Dealt with the handover and surrender of a building lease for a new multilevel car park in Bournemouth, Dorset, which a registered provider had built pursuant to its £27 million development investment in the town.
- Dealt with the sale of numerous affordable housing contracts for two national developers.
- Dealt with the golden brick sale of 48 residential units with a value of £7.9m for a national developer, including ensuring that satisfactory buyback provisions were in place and that the transaction completed before the end of the developer’s financial year.