Deena is an experienced real estate lawyer specialising in residential development and social housing.
Deena’s experience includes acting for a number of the top 10 national house-builders, regional house-builders, housing associations, councils and private individuals.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Dealt with the purchase of 100 affordable homes with a value of £9m for a registered provider from a national developer that was developing an extensive eco-friendly ‘Green Town’ redevelopment pursuant to a building lease from the HCA, including providing complex tax advice.
- Dealt with the transfer of affordable homes at a registered provider’s flagship development, which saw it provide 100 new homes, 100 new jobs and a new community hub as part of the Whitehill & Bordon Regeneration Project.
- Dealt with the purchase of hundreds of affordable homes at a large consortium site in Botley, Hampshire, which included the registered provider’s strategic partnership with the consortium.
- Dealt with the purchase of a public house for a registered provider from a sub-seller, including resolving VAT issues and the head-seller’s failure to give vacant possession.
- Dealt with the handover and surrender of a building lease for a new multilevel car park in Bournemouth, Dorset, which a registered provider had built pursuant to its £27 million development investment in the town.
- Dealt with the sale of numerous affordable housing contracts for two national developers.
- Dealt with the golden brick sale of 48 residential units with a value of £7.9m for a national developer, including ensuring that satisfactory buyback provisions were in place and that the transaction completed before the end of the developer’s financial year.