After studying his GDL and LPC MSc at the University of Law in London, Gerard began as a trainee solicitor at Lester Aldridge in 2016 and then qualified as a solicitor into the corporate and commercial team in 2018.
Gerard assists clients with advice on a variety of corporate and commercial matters including corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, company governance and finance, and commercial agreements. Whether the client is an individual or a multi-national company, he ensures the advice is tailored as required.
Gerard has close links with many teams around the firm, including the Residential Property and Conveyancing team, Commercial Real Estate team, Tax, Trusts, Wills and Probate team, Restructuring & Insolvency team and our LA Marine team, so where a matter requires the assistance from a specialist area, he is able to work alongside the relevant group to provide clients with seamless cross-sector advice.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Advising on various aspects of the sale of a software provider and app developer, including running the due diligence process, drafting and negotiating the disclosure letter, coordinating all ancillary documents and assisting with completion of the transaction.
- Drafting a share charge for the foreign lender to a shipping company together with all necessary corporate authorisations to ensure valid and enforceable security for its loan.
- Assisting with the running of freehold property management companies to ensure the effective transfer of legal title to shares and changes to directors following flat sales and/or the death of shareholders/leaseholders.
- Incorporating family investment companies with bespoke sets of articles of association to facilitate tax efficient income and capital distributions to the next generation.
- Drafting and negotiating a shareholders’ agreement for a property development company, including the option for the principal shareholders to buy out an investor.