Before specialising in construction law, Izabela trained in London where she gained experience of advising insurers on policy coverage, managing property damage claims, and defending negligence claims against construction professionals in the Technology and Construction Court. Izabela qualified into an international law firm and worked at a major national law firm, before joining Lester Aldridge in 2020.
Izabela advises national developers, contractors, consultants, schools, colleges and lending institutions on a variety of construction projects through all stages of the development, from procurement to dispute avoidance.
Izabela regularly drafts and negotiates building contracts, consultants’ appointments, collateral warranties, third party rights, performance bonds and company guarantees on large development projects in a timely and efficient manner. Izabela is thorough and responsive.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Advising various lending institutions on the construction documentation proposed by borrowers, including bespoke construction management contracts on a high-profile eco-friendly development, and a five star hotel.
- Advising a college on a major campus redevelopment under a framework agreement, which incorporated the NEC contract.
- Advising a college on the portakabin development under a JCT DB 2016.
- Advising a contractor on their bespoke building contract with a university and various supply-contractors, involving upgrading works to the laboratories at a top university.
- Co-advising a national developer on the mixed use development of a hotel, residential and retail space, a part of which was forward funded by the purchaser.
- Advising a marine geo-survey company on their LOGIC contract on an offshore windfarm.
- Advising a motor-sporting society in settling a payment dispute under the JCT contract with their contractor.