Jennie advises on a wide range of disputes across the leisure marine and superyacht and commercial sectors including contractual disputes, collisions and marine insurance disputes including matters relating to coverage and avoidance for fraud, misrepresentation and non-disclosure. Jennie also deals with maritime regulatory work including breaches of the Merchant Shipping Act 1995 and fisheries licensing and advises port and harbour authorities on regulatory matters.
Jennie is regularly instructed in relation to disputes involving complex design and build contracts and defects due to her attention to detail and ability to grasp complex technical matters.
Jennie also deals with maritime regulatory work including breaches of the Merchant Shipping Act 1995 and fisheries licensing, and advises port and harbour authorities on regulatory matters, including harbour revision, empowerment and closure orders.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Acting for owners and underwriters of a mega yacht in respect of a claim against a yard regarding defective copper piping.
- Representing a crew member regarding a dispute under a Seafarer Employment Agreement and unpaid wages.
- Representing underwriters and owners regarding a collision in foreign territorial waters.
- Representing underwriters in relation to a dispute regarding policy coverage and non-disclosure.
- Acting for insurers in respect of a personal injury claim arising from a collision between a windsurfer and kitesurfer.
Ports and Harbours
- Advising a harbour authority regarding new powers under a proposed new Harbour Revision Order.
- Advising a harbour authority on its powers of general direction.
- Drafting harbour general directions and byelaws.
- Advising statutory harbour authorities on various matters including statutory harbour powers, harbour and pilotage dues and removal of vessels and wrecks.
- Advising on and drafting a Fisheries Order.
- Representing clients at interviews under caution for offences under the Merchant Shipping Act 1995.
- Defending the Master of a commercial vessel in relation to alleged offences under the Merchant Shipping Act 1995.