Karen Thompson - Partner
Head of InterventionsKaren is our Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) and Anti-Money Laundering Officer (AMLRO).
If you have a client care issue which you would like to discuss, please contact Karen.
As our COLP, Karen is responsible for our regulatory matters and manages our risk. Alongside her overall responsibility for client care, she’s also responsible for our Lexcel accreditation.
As AMLRO, Karen is responsible for our training and advising us on all anti-laundering legislation and she is also able to assist you in this area.
Karen advises the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) in relation to interventions. She has acted as an intervention agent in respect of the following firms:
- Howlett Clarke Solicitors (2019)
- Andrews McQueen (2019)
- Goldbergs Solicitors (2018)
- PCD York & Co (2018)
- Bilmes LLP(2017)
- Brown & Emery (2017)
- Richard Pietrowski & Co (2016)
- Kellock & Johnson (2016)
- Richard Sedgley & Co (2016)
- H K Solicitors (2016)
- LG Law Chambers (2015)
- Blavo & Co Solicitors (2015)
- Kilinc Warrington Solicitors (2015)
- Thames Chambers Solicitors (2015)
- Keith Hall Juviler & Co (2014)
- P A Twist & Co (2014)
- D S Bosher & Co (2014)
- Follett Stock LLP and FSHL Limited (2013)
- 2009-13, judicial position on the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal