Whether you work for a charity, social enterprise, voluntary organisation or association, Lisa can advise you on all aspects of charity law.
Lisa’s background is as in-house counsel for a ‘top ten’ charity. In addition to providing a broad range of legal, regulatory and constitutional advice to the national umbrella body, she was responsible for the charity’s constituent parts, namely 150 separately registered branches, affiliated trusts, grant-making charities and non-charitable subsidiaries. This role has given her unique insight, versatility and knowledge of the charity sector.
Understanding your organisation’s operating model as well as the wider regulatory environment means she can provide simple, pragmatic and tailored advice. Lisa’s aim is to support trustees and charity professionals to advance their strategic objectives with minimal risk.
Lisa’s particular experience lies with federated or branch structures, membership bodies, animal charities, trading subsidiaries, governance reform and supporting charities with a range of compliance issues, including fundraising and data protection.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Establishment, merger and dissolution of charities, trusts and non-charitable subsidiaries
- Liaising with Charity Commission on registration, trust alterations, compliance and Serious Incidents
- Preparing contracts, standard terms and charity policies
- Representing charities in relation to third parties including collaborations, partnerships, claims and complaints
- Drafting board resolutions, delegations and general governance support including training on trustee duties and responsibilities.