Lucy acts for clients across the leisure marine industry in relation to contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, marine insurance disputes and criminal proceedings arising out of marine incidents.
Lucy has particular experience with personal injury and fatality incidents, including dealing with Coroner inquests and accidents arising out of collisions. Lucy is also regularly instructed in relation to arrest cases and has acted for repair yards, necessaries suppliers, crew, mortgage companies and P&I clubs in relation to the arrest of vessels and sale through the Admiralty Marshal.
Alongside her contentious work, Lucy advises owners, managers and yards on contracts relevant to the yachting and superyacht industry including sale and purchase transactions, re-fit and yacht charter agreements.
Lucy’s considerable sailing experience enables her to provide comprehensive and relevant advice on a wide range of matters from both a legal and practical perspective.
In common with all members of LA Marine, Lucy often speaks and provides training on a variety of topics to a number of associations in the sector.
Recent examples of work:
- Acting for underwriters in respect of an inquest following a fire on-board a vessel and associated civil claims.
- Acting for a sponsor in negotiating new sponsorship agreement and purchase of IMOCA 60 for Vendee Globe 2024 campaign.
- Advising on criminal prosecution and associated civil claim stemming from a collision between two vessels.
- Advising a yacht owner in relation to a dispute with a contractor regarding the price and quality of refit works.
- Acting for a marine finance house in respect of the arrest and sale of a workboat following mortgage default.
- The arrest of a superyacht to recover unpaid crew wages.