Lucy Goff - SolicitorLucy deals with breach of contract disputes, racing collision and insurance claims and also assists with marine related personal injury and death cases, including dealing with Coroner’s inquests.
In common with all members of LA Marine, Lucy participates in many marine industry events and has given presentations on a variety of topics to a number of associations in the sector.
Lucy’s considerable sailing experience enables her to provide comprehensive advice on a wide range of matters from both a legal and practical perspective.
- Advising the owner of a motor yacht in respect of defective engine installation;
- Acting for the owners of a 30ft yacht in a claim against the manufacturer for defective teak;
- Advising a boat owner in connection with a dispute with a contractor regarding price and quality of refit works;
- Assisting with arrest of a workboat following mortgage default;
- Assisting with the arrest of a superyacht to recover unpaid crew wages;
- Acting for a charter agent regarding a dispute with the yacht owner.
Charterparties contain a variety of arbitration clauses which identify where and how parties wish their disagreements to be resolved.
A recent arbitration decision considered a good weather clause which included two descriptions of wave height, causing the charterers and the owners to take opposing views.