Lucy Goff - SolicitorLucy deals with breach of contract disputes, racing collision and insurance claims and also assists with marine related personal injury and death cases, including dealing with Coroner’s inquests.
In common with all members of LA Marine, Lucy participates in many marine industry events and has given presentations on a variety of topics to a number of associations in the sector.
Lucy’s considerable sailing experience enables her to provide comprehensive advice on a wide range of matters from both a legal and practical perspective.
- Advising the owner of a motor yacht in respect of defective engine installation;
- Acting for the owners of a 30ft yacht in a claim against the manufacturer for defective teak;
- Advising a boat owner in connection with a dispute with a contractor regarding price and quality of refit works;
- Assisting with arrest of a workboat following mortgage default;
- Assisting with the arrest of a superyacht to recover unpaid crew wages;
- Acting for a charter agent regarding a dispute with the yacht owner.
A recent London arbitration decision has looked at how a receiver’s claim for the diminution in the value of a cargo, which arose solely because of the delay by a ship caused by the owners of the vessel, should be interpreted against the backdrop of the Inter-Club Agreement (ICA) wording.
One area where there may need to be a change of tactics and approach in the event of a no deal Brexit, relates to the enforceability of UK court judgements in countries which are part of the EU.