Lucy deals with breach of contract disputes, racing collision and insurance claims and also assists with marine related personal injury and death cases, including dealing with Coroner’s inquests.
Lucy also specialises in arrest cases, and has acted for repair yards, necessaries suppliers, mortgage companies and P&I clubs in relation to the arrest of vessels and sale through the Admiralty Marshal.
In common with all members of LA Marine, Lucy participates in many marine industry events and has given presentations on a variety of topics to a number of associations in the sector.
Lucy’s considerable sailing experience enables her to provide comprehensive advice on a wide range of matters from both a legal and practical perspective.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Acting for underwriters in respect of the Inquest following a fire on board a vessel and associated civil claim
- Acting for a charter company following a racing collision
- Acting for the owners of a 30ft yacht in a claim against the manufacturer for defective teak
- Advising a boat owner in connection with a dispute with a contractor regarding price and quality of refit works
- Acting for a marine finance house in respect of the arrest and sale of a workboat following mortgage default
- Assisting with the arrest of a superyacht to recover unpaid crew wages
- Acting for a charter agent regarding a dispute with the yacht owner