Michael Giddins - PartnerMichael can advise on dealing with complex national and international disputes including marine and general insurance, IT, contractual claims and professional negligence.
Michael acts for both public and private clients and also for individuals who have a business related dispute. He has a wealth of experience of both prosecution and defence work, providing a pragmatic service to clients covering prosecution, enforcement notice appeals, related public law matters and non-contentious advice.
- Michael is also qualified in Eire
- Michael is a CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) accredited mediator
- Ranked in Chambers UK 2018 for Litigation (South West)
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Representing marine insurers in high value collision claims
- Advising in respect of a high value international supply product liability claim concerning commercial shipping
- Representing many claimants in numerous professional negligence claims relating to aggressive tax investment advice.
- Michael sits as a part time judge
The five-partner litigation department at Lester Aldridge LLP focuses on the marine, defence and financial services sectors, and is experienced in High Court and appellate proceedings, as well as mediation and arbitration. Department head Michael Giddins is acting in a high-value, international contract dispute, and is also representing the claimant in a multimillion-pound LCIA arbitration.