Nick has specialised in restructuring and insolvency work since he qualified as a solicitor in 1985. He spent the first 10 years of his career in London before moving to the South Coast to set up a restructuring and insolvency practice for a major regional law firm. He joined Lester Aldridge as a partner in 2015.
Nick is an experienced restructuring and insolvency lawyer who has been recognised as a leader in his field in the Legal Directories for many years.
Nick regularly acts for insolvency practitioners and for creditors and directors of insolvent companies. He has considerable experience of advising banks, invoice discounters and other asset based lenders on insolvency related issues. He also acts for sellers and buyers of distressed businesses and assets.
Nick is often involved in business restructurings and turnarounds and solvent liquidations.
Nick has worked in various sectors including retail, hospitality and leisure, real estate, manufacturing, energy, education, charities and transport and infrastructure.
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Advising the administrators and subsequently appointed liquidators of a property developer based in Manchester.
- Advising the administrators of a boutique hotel on the Isle of Wight on the sale of the hotel resulting in payment in full of all creditors and a solvent exit from administration.
- Advising the administrators of a company in the energy sector on the sale of its business and assets.
- Advising the administrators of a wholesaler of artisan foods on the sale of its business and assets.
- Advising the administrators of a long-established supplier of crew and marine clothing on the urgent sale of business and assets on a pre-pack basis.
- Advising the liquidator of a time share company on its solvent winding up.
- Advising the receivers of a housing development in Southampton on a priority dispute between the secured creditors and the sale of the houses.
- Advising the receivers of a prestigious housing development in Sandbanks.
- Advising a large charity on the administration of a UK Bank and representing it on the creditors’ committee.
- Advising a manufacturer on its retention of title claim in the administration of a well-known retailer.