Sarah is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Health and Social Care Team.
Sarah studied Law at the University of Melbourne, Australia, before relocating to the UK and qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive. Sarah worked in clinical negligence for eight years before joining the Health and Social Care Team. Her experience in acting for injured patients has given her an understanding of the concerns and priorities of service users and their families. Sarah uses this understanding to inform her advice to providers of health and social care on a range of issues relating to regulation, registration and compliance.
Sarah has experience of representing care providers in challenging CQC inspections and defending enforcement action, including preparing factual accuracy responses to draft inspection reports and preparing Representations to Warning Notices and Notices of Proposal.
She regularly undertakes work on Coroner’s inquests, supporting providers and healthcare professionals throughout the process, from drafting witness statements to attendance at hearings.
Sarah assists on regulatory due diligence work in respect of health and social care providers for both adults and children. She has also worked on wider governance and assurance reviews for groups of care homes, children’s homes and supported living services.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Acting on regulatory due diligence in respect of the acquisition of a group of care homes and supported living services
- Undertaking a governance and quality assurance review for a large children’s home operator, including consideration of recent enforcement action taken by Ofsted
- Providing support and advice to healthcare professionals and providers throughout the inquest process
- Drafting factual accuracy comments in respect of a draft CQC inspection report
- Preparing Representations to Warning Notices and Notices of Proposal