Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 2013. Since qualifying, she has developed broad experience in the healthcare sector. Sarah joined the Healthcare Team at Lester Aldridge in November 2018.
Sarah has advised and represented healthcare professionals in matters brought by regulators such as the GMC, GDC, NMC and HCPC.
Sarah has experience of advising healthcare professionals in criminal proceedings, involving serious allegations such as sexual assault.
Sarah has experience of advising and representing healthcare professionals and care providers at inquests. Sarah also has advocacy experience having represented GPs in inquests.
Sarah also has experience of assisting healthcare professionals in judicial review proceedings, advising healthcare professionals in relation to the barred lists and has assisted with appeals heard in the Court of Appeal.
Sarah has also developed experience in representing care home providers in relation to CQC enforcement action and can advise on responding to draft CQC inspection reports. Sarah also has experience of drafting contracts in line with relevant guidance and the latest legal requirements.
Recent examples of work or case studies
- Representing a family run care provider in relation to concurrent investigations including; a safeguarding investigation, criminal investigation and inquest.
- Sarah recently assisted in advising a Registered Provider and Registered Manager in relation to CQC criminal investigation, succeeding in avoiding a CQC prosecution.
- Representing a Social Worker in relation to HCPC proceedings where the concerns relate to acting as an expert in family law proceedings.
- Advising a Registered Provider who is also an NMC registered nurse in relation to NMC proceedings.
- Sarah has advised doctors in GMC proceedings in relation to various concerns such as; health related matters, abuse of position of trust and plagiarism.