Businesses require sufficient funds in order to run, grow and develop, and be profitable. Our lawyers advise both business borrowers and lenders on a wide variety of corporate finance transactions such as:
- corporate lending facilities (e.g. working capital facilities, term and revolving credit facilities);
- acquisition finance facilities; and
- real estate development finance facilities.
We act for a range of borrowers who are seeking finance for business needs, such as individual persons, sole traders, companies and limited liability partnerships. We also act for both bank and non-bank lenders.
If there is a multi-jurisdictional element to a finance transaction, then we can also coordinate and project manage the instruction of lawyers in the required jurisdictions via our membership of MSI Global Alliance, a global network of professional services firms.
How can our corporate finance solicitors help?
We have experience in:
- preparing and negotiating term sheets;
- drafting and negotiating facility agreements, intercreditor agreements / subordination deeds;
- drafting and negotiating intra-group loan agreements, loan note instruments, legal opinions, pay off letters, closing undertakings, debentures, share charges, legal mortgages, guarantees and amendment agreements to facility agreements and intercreditor agreements;
- negotiating and managing conditions precedent and ancillary documents (e.g. fee letters, corporate authorisations and reliance letters); and
- managing transaction closings.
Examples of recent business finance transactions
Acting for business borrowers:
- advising the purchaser of a group of care homes on a £25,000,000 term loan facility;
- advising the owner of a waste and recycling company on a refinancing with a £3,600,000 term loan facility;
- advising a care home on a refinancing with a £1,280,000 term loan facility.
Acting for banks:
- preparing the suite of precedent lending and security documents for a new start up bank, including the facility letter and term loan and conditions, debenture, legal mortgages, cross company guarantee and personal guarantee;
- preparing deeds of novation of loans and advising on security documents.
Acting for non-bank lenders:
- recurring instructions from a non-bank lender on the preparation of its lending and security documents, including a development finance facility agreement, a working capital facility agreement and associated security documents.