For regular coronavirus updates, please visit our dedicated COVID-19 blog stream.
We have an excellent team of tax and trust experts here at Lester Aldridge. Our breadth of experience and practice covers inheritance tax planning, capital gains tax advice, Stamp Duty Land Tax and the taxation of trusts and estates. We also have a dedicated service for tax compliance.
Trusts are a regular and often key component in the tax and estate planning armoury. We are experts in the creation, administration and winding up of trusts. We advise on asset protection trusts too, along with trusts specifically designed for people with disabilities.
Tax and trust law is immensely complicated so it’s vital to obtain advice from a specialist. As a firm, we don’t get involved in ‘schemes’ deemed risky by HMRC – we provide solutions firmly rooted within tax law.
Whether it’s the gift or disposal of a buy-to-let property, you are looking to pass assets down to the next generation or looking to create a trust for a disabled relative, we can advise you and deal with the trust and tax formalities on your behalf.
What our solicitors and tax advisors can help with
- Sale or gift of assets with inherent capital gains;
- Passing on wealth to the next generation with or without control protections;
- Drafting tax efficient wills to maximise all available inheritance tax (IHT) reliefs;
- Advising on IHT planning, estate and trust planning;
- Fulfilling your tax compliance requirements under self-assessment, IHT and capital gains tax (CGT) reporting.
- Capital gains tax advice when exiting a business via a sale of shares
- Trust creation and administration
Who do we help
- We help all those who require advice in relation to tax, be it IHT or CGT.
- We can help those selling property or assets or giving it away.
- We can help those wishing to establish trusts, in life or on death, for disabled relatives.
Why choose us
Few firms our size or smaller have the dedicated tax and trust expertise we have in-house here at Lester Aldridge.
Our professional team includes lawyers, chartered tax advisors, technicians, probate specialists, a notary public, and members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). Together they offer a range of unrivalled, expert legal services that are dedicated to meeting your needs.
We provide solutions for our clients and their families that span the generations.