At Lester Aldridge, our solicitors have particular expertise in meeting the needs of elderly and vulnerable clients and their families. We understand the difficulties facing those who have become vulnerable through age or disability and provide clear advice with empathy and sensitivity.
How can we help?
The legal issues affecting elderly or vulnerable clients can be complex and overwhelming for those faced with the difficulties. Our solicitors and legal advisors can assist you with:
- Wills (including wills which provide for vulnerable dependants)
- Tax planning
- Annual tax returns
- The formation and administration of trusts
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney or assisting with an application to the Court of Protection for Deputyship
- Dealing with the registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Attorney;
- The management of financial affairs under an LPA or Deputyship
- Selling property
- Applications to the Court of Protection, for example for the making of a Statutory Will or lifetime gifts where individuals have lost mental capacity
- Advising attorneys and deputies on their rights and responsibilities
- Advising on the financial aspects of care including local authority funding, financial planning and welfare benefits and working with other professionals where required.
Solicitors for the Elderly
Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) is an independent, national organisation of lawyers who supply specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable clients. SFE members are trained in older client care and have a wealth of experience that helps put people at their ease when dealing with complex, life-changing issues.
At Lester Aldridge, Parisa Jones and Magdalena Lipinska are Full Accredited Members of the SFE. For more information on the benefits of using a law firm with SFE Full Accredited Membership, please see why use an SFE Member.