The UK residential development market is fast-paced and evolves constantly, with complex and ever-changing legal constraints. The strategic considerations and structures for these deals are frequently complicated and can involve many interested parties. You need lawyers with both excellent legal credentials and a practical, commercial grasp of the pressures in this sector to be able to obtain the best from your asset.
Our sizeable real estate team includes not just residential development experts, familiar with both greenfield and brownfield sites but also specialists in commercial real estate development, planning & environment, care & retirement living, construction, real estate finance, plot sales and disputes, amongst others. This breadth of knowledge and experience allows our real estate team to provide truly full service advice to residential developer clients on all aspects of real estate law for the life of their interest in a particular property.
We have extensive experience in this area, ranging from large single or mixed use schemes for well-known national housebuilders, student accommodation, PRS schemes through to smaller more bespoke developments and waterside projects with moorings.
We act for large, well-known housebuilders and developers, funders and investors, landowners, entrepreneurs and joint ventures and can advise from site acquisition through to ultimate disposal.
How can our development lawyers help?
We will provide strategic, targeted and specialist advice to you throughout all stages of the lifetime of your asset, including:
- Advice on strategic land considerations, structure of the deal and acquisitions, including assistance with purchase agreements and due diligence etc.
- Advice on purchase and development funding
- Assistance with joint venture, pre-let and development agreements
- Site visits to deal with practical concerns e.g. boundary issues, rights of way etc.
- Input on planning and environment concerns and issues
- Help with option, collaboration and promotion agreements
- Preparing lock-out and exclusivity agreements and conditional contracts
- Advice on construction contracts and/or disputes relating to the same
- Dealing with overage arrangements and security for post completion returns
- Advice on site disposal, ground rent investments, and long term estate management
Find out more about our residential development services
You are welcome to contact our team for an initial informal discussion about your issue, on a confidential basis and without charge.
Each matter requires tailored advice. We will discuss your specific requirements, costs and relevant processes with you individually based on your needs and situation. The timescale will vary depending on the nature and scope of advice needed from us but we will always discuss and agree requirements with you and work towards your goals.