Our construction department has extensive experience advising on the non-contentious aspects of construction law, including construction contracts, procurement strategy and ad hoc concerns or issues.
Our team provides commercial, targeted and timely advice to clients across the sector, including developers, funds, investors, portfolio and asset managers, hotel owners and operators, port and harbour authorities, care and retirement living operators, local authorities, schools, universities, contractors, consultants and sub-contractors.
We have experience in commercial and residential developments, public sector works, mixed-use, office, industrial, hotel, retail and leisure developments, care and retirement living projects, offshore wind farm constructions, and marina and port-related developments.
Our specialists will work with you and your other advisors to ensure you have coordinated, timely and commercial advice on the legal aspects of the contract or project in question and see themselves as part of your project team rather than merely an external lawyer.
By working seamlessly with lawyers in our real estate, real estate development and regeneration, planning, corporate, marine, insolvency and litigation teams, we can offer guidance through all stages of development, from obtaining finance, acquisition, procurement, tendering, management and during less fortunate events such as insolvency or dispute resolution.
How can our construction lawyers help?
Our services include:
- advising on procurement strategy, choice of standard forms of contracts, such as JCT and NEC, including advising on bespoke amendments to the standard conditions;
- drafting, negotiating and advising on letters of intent, building contracts, consultants’ appointments, collateral warranties, third-party rights, reliance letters, vesting certificates, bonds and guarantees and related documentation;
- providing audits or advice on draft contracts for contractors and consultants;
- providing clients with tailored in-house guidance and training on all matters relating to construction contracts and regulations, including training for CPD purposes for clients who work with or put together construction contracts;
- providing practical and time-sensitive advice in the event of contractor insolvency or supply chain issues;
- providing specialist input into property transactions or development projects, such as:
- the drafting of the development aspects of agreements for lease and sale, development agreements and funding agreements;
- conducting audits of construction documentation for funders, purchasers or tenants; and
- dealing with enquiries for purchases/sales and lettings.
Our team also provides specialist input into construction disputes relating to defective works, termination, payment, an extension of time, loss & expense claims and insolvency matters.
Find out more about our construction services
You are welcome to contact our construction team for an initial informal discussion about your issue, on a confidential basis and without charge.
Every project or issue requires tailored advice. Therefore, we will discuss the specific timescales, costs and processes with you individually based on your needs.
Timescales will vary depending on the scope of advice needed from us, but we will always work to your preferred timescales wherever possible.
Memberships & Accreditations
Members of the: