Lester Aldridge has a strong record acting for clients nationwide in the care home and retirement / assisted living sector and our real estate team contains specialists who truly understand both the sector and the issues and market pressures surrounding property transactions for such clients.
Our real estate lawyers can also work on wider, more complex transactions in the sector alongside our experts in our healthcare, corporate & commercial, employment, and dispute resolution teams, providing a seamless and unified service.
We have a longstanding history of providing legal advice and assistance to leading retirement housebuilders and care home providers. We understand and appreciate the challenges felt by those in the sector and will work with you to overcome them.
Our real estate services for the health & social care sector
We advise a varied client base in the care & social care sector, including care home owners, operators and developers, retirement living and assisted living providers and developers and charities. Our commercial property services in the sector include legal advice on:
- Planning issues relevant to the sector, including affordable housing and the level of care provided at developments
- The development and construction of properties and projects in the sector
- The purchase and sale of such properties and how to structure the transactions, whether by way of conditional contracts, option agreements, or unconditional and bespoke arrangements
- The disposal of units in such properties, including plot sales, affordable housing and retail/commercial units
- Freehold reversionary interest sales and issues relating to ground rents
- Corporate sales and purchases including land interests
Timescales, costs and processes
You are welcome to contact our experts for an initial informal discussion about your issue, on a confidential basis and without charge.
Every real estate transaction or property issue requires tailored advice. We will discuss the specific timescales, costs and processes with you individually based on your needs and the scope of advice needed from us.