It can be hard to find a property team that is both large and experienced enough to be able to act efficiently and cost effectively on multiple transactions.
We have the people and processes in place that mean we can do this.
Our team’s expertise spans both sides of the real estate finance spectrum, acting for the main challenger banks and building societies in their secured lending work, most of the major high street banks on high value loans to investors and businesses and also working with borrowers in connection with their land or development finance. We also provide advice to lenders who already have taken security but for a number of reasons may need to enforce this security.
The breadth and quality of our real estate expertise gives our team the edge in this complex area and our real estate finance team will work with specialists in our development, planning, construction and corporate teams to provide you with coordinated, targeted and strategic advice in this area.
How can our property finance solicitors help?
Our real estate finance services for lenders include:
- Acting for banks and building societies in their secured lending work either on a bespoke basis or on a volume basis
- Providing portfolio management services such as security audits, lease reviews, advice on further advances
- Acting for bridging and second charge lenders to secure loans on a full title check or title-insured basis
- Acting for banks in the drafting or reviewing of facilities letters, legal charges, guarantees and other mortgage documentation
- Providing due diligence and review services for lenders in connection with property or development finance matters
- Acting for lenders in the preparation of reports on title/certificates of title in the required form
- Acting for lenders in reviewing security prior to the enforcement of security and advising on the course of action to recover sums owed where necessary. Along with specialists in our Insolvency and Restructuring team, we can prepare the relevant documents to appoint receivers or administrators where necessary
- Assisting lenders in setting up an initial lending process when they first come to market and providing ongoing support as they grow
- Providing independent legal advice for guarantors and third parties
- Life services, including consents, deeds of priority, lease reviews, s106 agreements
- Providing redemption services.
Our services for borrowers and those seeking finance include:
- Discussing your needs with you in terms of land or development finance and considering those needs in the wider context of your property or development transaction and advising on the optimum ways of structuring the wider transaction in such a way as to meet and exceed any funder requirements – this can involve working with our development, planning and construction colleagues
- Advising on the drafting and implications of facilities letters, legal charges, guarantees and other mortgage documentation
- Assisting with the preparation of collateral warranties and assignments or charges over construction contracts in connection with development finance
Find out more about our commercial real estate financing services
You are welcome to contact our team for an initial informal discussion about your real estate finance issue, on a confidential basis and without charge.
Every transaction requires tailor-made advice. We will discuss your specific needs, timescales, costs and relevant processes with you individually based on your needs and situation.