The challenges you face as a developer are many and varied. Development land is increasingly scarce and in many areas the focus is on regeneration sites rather than greenfield sites. In short, developments are becoming more complex and getting the green light is more difficult than ever. To help you achieve your commercial objectives in this climate, you need a strong legal team by your side.
We have a multi-disciplinary team that includes planning, construction and environmental experts as well as property lawyers. This means that whether you’re a land owner, commercial developer, social housing provider, public authority or bank, we can help you by finding innovative solutions to the problems you face.
We have particular expertise in:
- Waterside developments
- Mixed use developments
- Developments for the care and retirement living sector
- Hotel and leisure developments
- Retail developments
Our development lawyers provide advice to clients across the real estate sector, including developers, funds, investors, portfolio and asset managers, hotel owners and operators, port and harbour authorities and care and retirement living operators.
How can our development lawyers help?
We offer a broad range of services for developers, all aimed towards helping you to complete your development as cost-effectively and quickly as possible. We have particular experience in:
- Advising on site acquisition and assembly
- Advice on planning strategy and negotiating planning and infrastructure agreements
- Promotion Agreements
- Advising on and assisting with compulsory purchase orders (CPOs)
- Drafting negotiating and advising on development agreements
- Preparation of and advice on collaboration and joint venture agreements
- Entering into and the terms of forward funding and forward sale agreements
- Pre-lets and agreements for lease, including development obligations by either party
- Advising on all aspects of property finance and funding
- Building contracts, professional appointments and supporting documentation and construction procurement advice
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) and tax advice
What’s the process for commercial property development?
You are welcome to contact any of our team for an initial informal discussion about your development or regeneration project, on a confidential basis and without charge.
Every property transaction or issue requires tailored advice. Our solicitors will discuss the specific timescales, costs and processes with you individually based on your needs.