Legal Career Opportunities
We pride ourselves on the fact that our lawyers have a great knowledge base, from the technical side of the law to commercial elements of business too. But what’s really important to us is helping our people develop their careers and become the best that they can.
If you’ve shown us the skills, commitment and character, that we think make you stand out, we’ll give you the support and legal and non-legal training to help you shine. We want everyone to be able to learn as much as they can, that way we know we’re offering our clients and our staff the very best. It also means that people tend to stay with us throughout their careers, giving us experience that’s so essential.
Business Services Opportunities
We couldn’t function without our support teams. They’re the people who keep things ticking over on a day-to-day basis. They play a key part in making sure that our clients get the best service possible, in a range of important roles throughout the company.
We need people who are brilliant PAs, plus managerial staff to keep us all on track, and a whole host of others in between. These roles are as vital to our success as any other in the company and that’s why if you work for us we’ll support your career every step of the way.
Training is really important, not just because it’s good for us, but because it’s great for you too. We know that if we’re investing in you and your career, then we’re investing in the whole team too. If you want to go further, we’re happy to give you the right training to help you do just that.
Please note that speculative CV’s will be deleted and not be considered, to apply for a vacancy you need to contact the HR department directly.
Find further details about Graduate Recruitment and Training Contracts with Lester Aldridge by clicking here.
Every job we offer comes with a competitive package, market-led training and personal development. If you’re interested in joining us, please view our vacancies by clicking here.
Our Values & Culture
Our ethos is quite simple – it’s about working to a set of values we think create a better company.
Key to everything we do is the client. We want to make sure we give them the professional advice they deserve. It’s something we really value and think that everyone we employ should too. As part of this, each and every one of us is responsible for our roles individually, as part of a team and with our clients.
To do any of this we need a great team working with and for us. We value the people around us and treat them with respect and fairness – something we think everyone has the right to. We can’t get the best out of people if we don’t treat them well so it’s also really important to us to help our staff grow professionally. We’ll always reward hard work and commitment.
We also value our wider team, sharing information and expertise, and building relationships that benefit everyone. We’re always thinking about the bigger picture, and how we fit in it. It’s what makes us the company we are.
Find out more about our values.
Rewards & Benefits
We know that we’re nothing without our people, and that’s why we offer a range of flexible benefits, training schemes and great facilities that allow our people to work happily and productively.
Our benefits package gives staff the freedom to match benefits to their own circumstances and lifestyles. Our package includes access to:
- Annual leave of 22*/25 days depending on role (* increasing to a maximum of 25 days based on length of service).
- Annual leave of 30 days depending on role.
- Ability to carry over, buy and sell holiday.
- Group pension plan.
- Pension surgeries.
- Medical insurance.
- Health screening (depending on level).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Season ticket loans for transport or car parking.
- Enhanced maternity pay to eligible employees.
- Professional subscriptions/memberships paid.
- Length of service rewards.
- Support for professional training – including some funding and time off for study and exam leave where applicable.
- Eye tests via Specsavers (every 2 years).
- Access to Perkbox to help you make savings in all areas of life including food, shopping and travel to include free weekly Caffé Nero hot drink and Rakuten movie rental every 30 days, mindfulness app amongst other freebies.
- Perkbox Medical for phone or video GP consultations and prescription service.
- Birthday off.
- Monthly ‘Happy hour’.
- Discretionary day off when the firm is closed around Christmas.
- ‘Dress for your day’ dress code policy where one can wear what is appropriate for their day.
- Employee Assistance line.
- Various local discounts/Costco Wholesale memberships.
- Discounted legal fees.
- Recruitment incentives for introducing an employee/partner.
- Annual Christmas party and AGM in great venues.
- Weekly walking group and various sporting teams (netball, badminton).
- Charity events for our chosen charity of the year (bake sales, quiz nights and sponsored walks to name a few).
LA invests substantially in IT and offers systems and training which sets us apart from our competition. During your first few weeks, you will have access to a Buddy in your team to help you every step of the way.
The information you share with us during the application process will only be available to the Human Resources department and those directly involved with your application.
If you’re successful, this information will be used to form part of your personnel record too. If you’re unsuccessful, our policy is to keep your application records for 12 months in case we have any suitable opportunities in the future. If you don’t want us to do this, you can contact us directly and we’ll remove them from our files.
Finally, if we decide we want to contact any third parties for references we’ll only do it with your permission. Confidentiality is key to building trust and respect in any company.
Click here to find out how we manage your personal data.