Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Tom spent nearly 10 years working in the superyacht industry as a deck officer onboard a number of high-profile commercial motor yachts.
Tom brings a wealth of practical experience to the team and to his practice of sale and purchase transactions for vessels of all types. He advises a broad range of clients across the leisure marine and superyacht sectors including HNW and UHNW vessel owners, management companies, finance providers and industry manufacturers / suppliers.
Outside of his transactional work Tom regularly advises clients on contentious matters across the leisure marine sector including sales of goods and services disputes, breach of contract and general negligence matters.
- MCA Officer of the Watch 3000gt
Recent examples of work or case studies:
- Routinely advises on the sale and purchase of motor and sailing yachts under various flags and situated across Europe and beyond.
- Conducted a comprehensive review of a nationwide marina operator’s annual berthing terms and conditions, marina regulations and public access policies.
- Assisted a large yacht owner in a high-value dispute with insurers following a collision at sea.
- Assisted in the MCA prosecution of a negligent tug master following the death of a crew member.