Victoria Jones - PartnerVictoria Jones specialises in contested will, trust and probate cases and is a member of both our Will Trust & Probate Disputes and Charities Teams. She represents charities, care homes, families and private clients in contentious estate administration will and trust disputes.
Victoria also specialises in cases involving vulnerable adults, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Court of Protection cases.
She also co-wrote Remember a Charity’s ‘Guide to Professional Advisors’ for drafting wills which include charitable legacies.
- Full member of the Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Named in the Citywealth Leaders List 2018 as a Prominent Figure for Contentious Trusts
- Recommended in The Legal 500 2017
- Protecting a substantial legacy for a national charity by successfully defending a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Defendants Act 1975) and also managing potential reputational risks to the charity
- Representing two beneficiaries who stood to lose a substantial legacies following a claim against their parent’s estate. Settling the matter prior to the issue of proceedings, with no payment being made to the claimant and the beneficiaries’ legacies were unaffected by the claim.
- Obtaining a court order to remove a problematic executor from an estate who had failed to progress the estate administration for several years. Also appointing a replacement executor recovering the client’s legal costs from the removed executor.
- Advising a trustee in a complex trust administration case, seeking the court’s guidance and recovering the trustee’s costs
- Private clients
- Stroke Association
I can only say my experience with the team and mainly Victoria Jones, was excellent… There was never a time when following a telephone call, or letter from LA, that I didn’t feel so much better. I found the service efficient, advice factual and clear, but delivered with great empathy.”
I recently instructed Lester Aldridge to act on my behalf regarding a family dispute matter. The firm and in particular, Victoria Jones who personally handled my case, proved to be extremely professional, knowledgeable and efficient at all times… Because of Victoria’s skill I had a very successful outcome to my case and I have no hesitation in highly recommending her and Lester Aldridge.”
From the initial meeting to discuss the background to my case, to the final positive outcome, I could not fault the professionalism and support I received from Victoria Jones and her team. At every stage of the process I felt fully informed and appreciated the sound advice which helped make an anxious and stressful time very manageable. I would have no hesitation in recommending the firm nor instructing them again in the future.”
“We are very grateful for the expertise and effort you have put in to enable the outcome that has been achieved and have been impressed by the professionalism of everyone we have had contact with at Lester Aldridge.”
The contentious trusts and probate team, which includes Victoria Jones, represents a number of national and regional charities in protecting their charitable legacies; recent highlights include representing a national health charity in an urgent contested statutory will application in the Court of Protection.